At the reconvened meeting of Government and Labour . on Wednesday, 31st January, 2018, the meeting noted as follows:
1. That as scheduled, various consultative meetings were held between the meetings of 26th and 31st January, 2018 as agreed on the issues earlier raised.
2. That the meeting clarified the status of the arrears of Pensions and Gratuities of retired Primary School Teachers and Local Government workers to the extent that payments were discovered to have been made in those respects by the present administration to the tune of over half a Billion Naira. In order to address the gap between expectations and realities available, a 16-man Technical Committee was constituted to review the issues and come up with recommendations by Friday, February 9th, 2018.
3. On the issue of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, the meaning considered the urgent need to constitute the Governing Council for the Institution to further address the issue of the 254 disengaged staff, amongst others, with a view to determining the merit of each employee concerned.
4. On the withheld January and February, 2011 salary and teaching allowance in the health sector, the meeting noted that action is being taken with expectations of positive resolution of the issue.
5. Having understood the need for the various verification exercises in the State Public Service to be concluded, the meeting enjoined the need for the promotion of workers in the State and Local Government Service to be released as always been requested.
6. On Tertiary Institutions, the meeting resolved that further to the meeting of the the Governing Council chairmen with the stakeholders on Tuesday, 30th January, 2018, the JAC in each Institution should meet with its Governing Council to address the peculiarities of each Institution. As agreed by the Governing Councils and Labour, the restoration of 100% staff salary shall be effective from January, 2018 and its implementation within two (2) weeks.
7. That negotiations in the various Tertiary Institutions should commence immediately and be concluded not later than Sunday, 4th February, 2018 to facilitate the suspension of the on-going strike in the tertiary Institutions.
Com. ‘Kofo Ogundeji – Ag, State Sec, NLC
Com. Mayowa Falegbe – State Sec, TUC
com Eniola Kolawole – State Vice Chairman PSJNC
Com. Babatunde Adeniyi – Chairman JAC
Mrs. Adejoke Eyitayo – Ag. Perm. Sec (HOS)
M.A. Imran Director – (Service Matters)